Friday, March 15, 2013

Pine Grove Snow Ride


Three OWLS met at the church for the Thursday evening ride to the Pine Grove boat ramp.  I suggested to Jack and Mark that due to the weather we should consider skipping the ride down to the boat ramp.  It was really my lack of motivation and not the weather.  They were fine with my suggestion.  There was just a hint of snow in the air as we left the church.  As chilly as it felt standing in the parking lot, once we were riding it was pretty comfortable.  As we approached our turn around at the end of old Knight Ridge, the snow had picked up to light flurries.  Coming home into the wind wasn't as comfortable unless you drafted behind Jack like I did.  Once we made the crossover of 446 the snow started coming down faster.  When we made the turn onto 446 and rode towards the blinker light at Moores Pike, it was almost a whiteout with heavy snow.  By this time the ride had turned into one of the snowiest and best rides ever.  I was really glad that I went to the church and found that Mark and Jack were as dedicated or crazy as me.

CE Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment