Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't have any mechanical failures this week!

I broke a spoke last night just as I got home from the OWLS ride. I should be grateful that it didn't happen earlier. This morning first thing I took the (rear) wheel to a local bike shop to get it repaired. I first was told that it would take a week to get to it, that this is the very busiest time of the year, with IU classes starting in a few days. As if to emphasize the point several people were already wandering in looking for things and needing help. Eventually it turned out that there was a cancellation and that they might be able to get it done by end of the day on Thursday. I appreciated that small bit of luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

P.S. Clicking on the title of this post takes you to the BBC homepage where you can check out what's new. And don't forget to look at more that just the homepage. You or your friends might be in a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment