Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dam Ride, Tuesday, July 21

By Greg Simmons


Close to 30 riders did a 27 mile, mostly out-and-back ride to the Salt Creek Dam at the foot of Monroe Lake. The OWLS rides have been consistently drawing 15-20+ riders every week with varying levels of riding speed levels (much like the Saturday Club rides).


This date was 2 days after the R.A.I.N. Ride and several cyclists needed a “recovery” ride . I know I did!


The weather was perfect at around 70 degrees and was overcast but with no rain in sight. It was my first time on Ramp Creek since it had been repaved and it was very nice.


Thanks to Chris Tietz for leading the way up front while Terry and I rode sweep.


I will be leading another ride in a couple weeks that will be around 30 miles out to Bottom Road and back, so I hope we'll have another big turnout for that ride.


Photos from the ride, by Allan and Greg. (Click the image for a larger version.)


Greg distributes maps:

Tom models his new RAIN jersey:
Gathering at 5:45
Regroup after climbing Ramp Creek hill:
Turn around at the dam:
Final regroup at the Smithville PO


No comments:

Post a Comment