Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Flash: Investigation Ends

By Jim Schroeder


I've seen quite a few interesting signs on roads in southern Indiana since I moved here eight years ago.  There's this one sign that always made me wonder and I've never gotten an explanation from fellow riders and I've never had enough guts to ask the county engineer.


All of you have ridden Vernal Pike just before the western end, haven't you? Remember the sign on both directions "Road Under Investigation"?


Well, it's gone!  


It's been at least a long eight years worth of long hours of detective work, but it's been solved!  What? I have no idea.  All I can say is, "Good bye signs, hello new asphalt!"


Well, at least all the pot holes on this miserable pike have been patched with some decent asphalt.  That stretch of road returning home for supper or a Bakehouse smoothie had always been a struggle, but tonight it was rather enjoyable.


Oh yeah, the case of Vernal Pike in the City has been solved, too.  It's open!

No comments:

Post a Comment