Saturday, October 9, 2010

By Allan Edmonds

I went out for a 20 mile ride this morning by myself. I just did a version of the club's Fluck Mill Ride. We're getting to the point where there's not quite enough sunlight to do a route like this on the OWLS rides in the evening. The weather was beautiful as everyone who is doing the Hilly Hundred know well.

I'm more and more using the new multi-use train in the "Goat Farm", running from the roundabout at High and Winslow/Rogers to Sherwood Oaks Park. It makes for a good route for getting in an out of town.
I stopped and took a quick snapshot of the fall foliage down on Victor Pike, near Fluck Mill.
There was very little traffic and absolutely no other bicyclists (I wonder why!). Well, actually on the way home in Sherwood Oaks I saw a dad out with his young son on a small bike and then I saw a granddad on the new trail teaching a grandson to ride without training wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment