Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Breaking Away Ride




SUNDAY, JUNE 21, 12PM
BRYAN PARK POOL PARKING LOT

By Jim Schroeder 

Unfortunately the original date for this ride was cancelled due to inclement weather, but it has been rescheduled for Father's Day.   This will be a great way for the whole family to come out and enjoy Bloomington's big Hollywood moment.

I hope I can say that we've all seen the movie, and if you haven't you still have time!  It was a low budget film in the late 70's, but it has become the 8th most inspirational film and 8th most popular sports film of all time.


I have studied this film backwards and forwards and have acquired so much trivia on this from my research.

This ride is 42 miles long and travels south of Bloomington but it will be mostly in the city and IU campus.  This will be a slow paced ride, probably even less than OWLS pace.  Let's just call it an interpretive ride, where I will try to point out all the landmarks and add lots of tidbits for you.  A map and cue sheet will be included.

There will be a convenience store stop midway, and I welcome all of you to have a cool refreshment under a Cinzano Umbrella in my back yard after the ride.

Remember to watch the movie the night before!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment