Sunday, April 12, 2009

Breaking Away Ride

By Jim Schroeder



What has been voted the 8th most inspirational movie of all time?



What has been voted the 8th best sports movie of all time?



What has made Indiana University's Spring Week the most popular college week in the nation?



What DVD is on sale for $9.99 at that big blue/yellow appliance store by Bloomington's only 24 hr pharmacy?



It's Breaking Away.



I was into that movie long before I moved down here 4 years ago, and for some reason my realtor led me to a house on S Lincoln St and I swear that one of the opening scenes was filmed from my front porch!



I have researched this movie backwards and forwards which could be called "reverse cinematography", and I've come up with a 40 mile route in and around Bloomington to remind you of all the landmarks of Bloomington that once were or currently still are.



The ride is scheduled for 12 noon, Sunday, April 19 starting and finishing at Bryan Park with a convenience store food stop at 22mi.



This is a great ride for all you newbies of Bloomington, and will guide you locals down memory lane!



A highlight will be riding the Little 500 track.



For better impact make sure to watch the movie the night before the ride!



Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment