Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Limestone Tour That Wasn't

By Stan Ellis, Ride Coordinator

Saturday, March 28, 2009, started as a grey cold morning, but no rain........until I stepped out the door to get on my bike. I decided to drive to Bryan Park since I didn't want to be the only dummy riding in the rain. But you never know if someone might show up.

We had 10 people standing in the drizzle ready to ride. The only question was should we change the route. I made an excuse that I wasn't too crazy about riding down the hills when the road was wet, so why not do something flatter? (Actually it was my first time on the bike this year and I wasn't sure if I could get up all of the hills on the Limestone Tour Route.)

We decided on the Muscatatuck ride, with many options available depending on the rain intensity. Brett didn't feel well, so he left us at the edge of town; Jen, Carl & Jodie turned around at Muscatatuck for an out-and-back; Mike F, Mark, Greg, Doug, Chris and I rode to Fry, then Buskirk to Dittemore Road. Chris was having shifting problems so he headed back to Bottom Road. The rest of us took Mike F's advice and added on just a few more miles to Chambers Pike, then to B-town on old 37 through Dolan.

The neat thing about riding with the club is you can almost always find some one to ride no matter the weather. I am sure everyone finished soaking wet and with a dirty bike, but we got in 34 miles on the long route. I met some new riders and it felt great getting back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment